I'm a cord cutter

I thought it might be worth mentioning up front that I'm a cord cutter. I got totally fed up with Comcast after being on-hold for over an hour on more than one occasion and decided they weren't getting any more of my money. As it turned out, I soon discovered that there weren't really any other good options for an internet provider where I live, so they still get some money from me, but that's all I pay them for, internet access. Granted, I pay almost as much for internet as I did for internet and cable (didn't have a landline phone to start with), so I'm not doing it for the savings!

Along the way, I've learned a lot about TiVo Roamios, SlingBoxes and wireless media connectors. I've tried antennas that worked and some that didn't. At some point, I'll share all the details of how I finally got everything working together, in hopes of making somebody else's journey easier.